KHI is Fair Trade certified with the globally-recognized scheme "Fair For Life."
Fair Trade certification guarantees that with every sale of Fair Trade certified product, a specific amount of "extra" money above the product’s market value is sent back to the communities and families of the processing plant operation and farm workers. This money, called "Social Premiums," funnels into a fund operated by the plant and farm workers. Workers and community members decide together for what community needs the money will be utilized.
KHI’s certification signifies that KHI can transport Fair Trade certified products from certified suppliers, and that KHI has demonstrated the following:
- Responsible trading practices
- Long term partnership with fair trade producer operations
- Fair prices and Fair Trade Premium paid to producer operations
- Certified products originate from fair trade producers
- Responsible Labor Practices (within KHI)
KHI currently offers fair trade organic chia seed. Should fair trade organic IQF frozen blueberries and blackberries be items of interest, KHI is able to certify these products and offer to our customers.